InsuranceLink Online Privacy Notice
Insurance Ireland respects your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice applies to personal data we collect on InsLink.ie (the “Site”) or on InsuranceLink database. The Notice describes the types of personal data we obtain, how we use the personal data, and with whom we share it. We also describe the rights you may have and how you can contact us.
What data is collected and basis of its collection
Insurance Ireland is the data controller in respect of personal data that is collected through the Site or that you provide to our members for the purpose of obtaining insurance.
The InsuranceLink system is being operated by Verisk Insurance Solutions Limited on behalf of Insurance Ireland. InsuranceLink processes following personal data in respect of your claims which information is provided to it by Insurance Ireland members (“Users”):
1. Name & Surname
2. Data of Birth
4. Vehicle Registration Number
5. Incident date
6. Claim Type
This data is used and shared for the pursuit of the legitimate business interests of insurers. Such use is also a necessary and proportionate measure for the performance of the insurance contract between prospective insurance customers and insurers. It is also necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending the legal rights of insurers and protecting them against damage from fraudulent claims. These purposes are provided for under the General Data Protection Regulation and s.55 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
How is your data processed
Insurance Link is a claims-matching computer database which helps Users identify possibly fraudulent claims. The database can also be used as a check against non-disclosure at proposal stage (e.g. where a proposer does not provide details of previous claims).
Details of claims are entered into the system and a programme is run to identify any “matches” – for example if the claimant has made multiple claims or if there are any similarities between claims. While matches do not necessarily imply that fraud has taken place, they will alert the User to take a closer look at the claims involved.
All claims involving personal injury in motor accidents, employer’s and public liability insurance as well as vehicle damage, household, commercial property, personal accident and travel insurance are run through the Insurance Link system.
A ten year retention period applies to InsuranceLink data and the data is retained within the EU.
Personal data held on InsuranceLink system can be obtained through a Subject Access Request form available in the following manner:
· Download the Subject Access Request form, complete it with the required information and post it to us at the address in the contact us section
· Communicate with us by sending us an email
As a data subject, you also have the rights set out below:
· To request confirmation of whether we process personal data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal data;
· To request that we rectify or update your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
· To request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where we collected personal data on the basis of your consent and you withdraw your consent;
· To request that we restrict the use of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as while we consider another request that you have submitted, for example a request that we update your personal data;
· Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, to withdraw your consent; and
· To request that we provide a copy of your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances.
You can email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission if they believe their personal data rights have been infringed by InsuranceLink. See www.dataprotection.ie.
How is data shared?
While “matches” data is shared between Users as described above, personal data provided to us or that we collect on the Site is not disclosed, except as described here. We may share personal data you provide to us or that we collect on the Site with:
· Other companies in Insurance Ireland; and
· service providers that perform services on our behalf.
Details of Insurance Ireland member companies can be found here.
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency.
Data You provide for Subject Access Request
Personal data that you provide directly to us will be apparent from the context in which you provide it, for example:
· If you fill out a form on our Site, you will generally provide your Name, Postal address, DOB, Previous Addresses, Vehicle Registration, Copy of ID with photo, copy of bill with postal address and any other information requested by the form.
· If you communicate with us through the contact us link we will store your email address and other contact information
How to Contact Us
You may contact us by e-mail or post your query at the below address to exercise your rights described above for Subject Access Request.
Verisk Insurance Solutions - Ireland,
Level 1, Unit 1A
3 Custom House Plaza,
Harbour Master Place,